Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Think I Can! Finish...

I will most certainly try! I spent a while in my sitting room just organizing and cleaning out stuff. I don't really make New Years resolutions, because I never stick with them unless it makes me feel good. lol. Oh well..that's me. While I am not "resolving" to do this, I would love to focus on finishing this year. Don't read that to say I won't start anything, especially when I am crazy about BBD, and every time Paulette comes out with another design, I want it. Ok..enough..this is my box of unfinished things not needing to be stitched. Not a very big box, but there are quite a few things underneath what you see.


As for the stitching, this is all I have in my WI-Pile: BDB, Midnight Watch; PSS, Halloween Hornbook Sampler; CHS, Birds & Bees; CHS, LAST BLOCK of  Village of HRH; And then Ann Grimshaw. As soon as I get to sit for a spell, I will start with Village..I'm ashamed to say I started it, what?, four years ago?? I'm not quite that slow, though I AM slow.


The next few pictures are some things I recently acquired, by Kelmscott!


Omg..I love scissors, and these are amongst my favorites. They are so delicate. I  think I have most of Kelmscott's scissors..these are TINY scissors.


I don't have all of the Kelmscott needleminders, but I'm trying. :) Seems like every new one becomes my favorite But I mean it; this one really is! This one must be meant for night-time stitching. Is that not the cutest thing??


I have 3 quilt tops that need to be quilted..and I have several quilt tops  and table runners started and tons in my head that I want to start. I am really hoping by the end of 2011 that I can show these things completed. Thanks for listening me ramble on..Happy New Year, and I so appreciate you stopping by.

15 comments:

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I will also be busy trying to finish stuff I started for last year. I have that afghan that I need to get finished and a lot of started stitching stuff. I want to start Paradise Lost and BBD Anniversaries Of The Heart. Happy New Year !!!

Siobhán said...

What gorgeous projects, Marsha! I love reading what everybody is thinking of doing/planning on doing for 2011. The main thing is that you enjoy the process. I have a few pieces that I've started eons ago and just can't seem to get finished, too, though I want them done. Your WIP pile is fabulous--everything in there is a must do for me, too. As for the Kelmscott goodies--they are essential for furthering the enjoyment of the process. Like stitcher's rewards. :)

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Lovely projects...all of them. Each and every one of them will be a gorgeous finish.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You have some nice WIPs! I have no doubt that you can finish them and enjoy them!

Margaret said...

Oh I love all your WIPs! It was fun to see everything. I'll be cheering you on!

Catherine said...

I see some very lovely things there!! And that needleminder is one of my favorites - I adore sheep! Perhaps one day I'll buy one for myself.

Best wishes for 2011!

Kim said...

MM I love what you've got going on! :o) I'm still in a bit of denial and haven't sat down to figure out exactly what I want to get done this year in the sampler department, but I know thta HoHRH is on the list. Love your Kelmscott pieces! Oh my aren't the scissors lovely!?

So glad to see a post from you. I've missed my MM! ;o)

Melody said...

Good for you on sorting and planning your stitching for 2011.

I need to do that also. I love the needleminders. That one with the sheep and moon is so cute!

Happy New Year! and happy stitching!

BrendaS said...

You have some very pretty projects there. Can't wait to see how you progress.

I just got that needle minder this week and just love it. But then I love all of them too:)))

Happy New Year.

Tanya said...

Well, I sure need a box - what an idea - I have them everywhere instead. LOL Happy New Year to you and may all your stitches be crossed in finishes!!

Tanya

Karen said...

Looks like you have a nice pile to choose from! Can't wait to see you finish all these as well as the hidden goodies in your basket!

happy stitching.... and finishing!

Sherry said...

Oh, I love the new needle minder! All of your projects are wonderful, Marsha and I can't wait to see them completed! I am glad someone else admits to the urge to buy new pieces now and then! lol.

Michelle said...

Happy New Year! I'm dying to know what that is in your basket that looks like a Christmas quilt. Do tell!! I want to spend more time with my WIPs (and finish them) as well as get some quilting in this year too. Love that sheep needleminder!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What awesome projects, Marsha! I can't believe you only have one more block on HoHRH! Will be cheering you on with the Village!

Great Kelmscott treasures! Love the little scissors and needle minders are so fun!

I tried to email you from your post on my blog but just wasn't getting it so... that gorgeous chart Mirianne Wenn is only 13 pages, not 32 and it's printed in fairly large font. Although, based on my calculations, it's more like 14 1/2" by 14" (or something close to that) on 32 count fabby, based on their stitch count. So, it's a big piece but ooooh, I can't wait to start it. Let me know if you decide to do stitch it, too!

Heidi said...

I do not let myself get stressed about all my UFOs and I am a queen of the mountain of them I own...lol. Just take them one at a time. I set a goal last year to finish 6 and did many more in the end. It became fun finishing them but still I was able to start lots of fun things too. See...no pressure...just enjoyment. I want to pick one to finish up this month so I need to decide which. It will be a quilt for sure.

Your projects all look beautiful and I hope you enjoy each and every stitch you take in 2011!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi