Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Finish

Can you stand one more picture of this table runner? It's finally finished, just now.


And here is the fabric Kim helped me choose for the backing. I am so very pleased with it. This will be sent along with love to my dearest friend, so Anne, if you are reading, I will hopefully get it mailed out sooner than later.


And now that I have met my goal of finishing something from the Green Box, I can get back to one of my older WIPs. I think everyone recognizes this as Plum Street Samplers. It's Halloween Hornbook Sampler. I have really enjoyed this one each time I have worked on it.


And I leave you with my buddy, Major, who, if you don't already know, is Friday's brother. Friday is a slim and sleek boy. But Major did lose 2 pounds and now weighs 113 pounds. Well..ok..he doesn't know that he is not as slim as his brother.


On a personal note:

Gabi, now, now..I'm sure it's just a matter of having the right equipment and not whether smart or not. I know some people who think machine quilting is just wannabe quilting, but I'm not "that" much of a purist. You are always so sweet in your comments.

KK, thank you so much for helping my runner turn out so pretty! You had that stuff to me before I was ready to even get back to it. :)

Laurie, I hope you will indeed get back to your quilting..your quilts always make me think I can do what I'm sure I can't.

Paulette, stay away from my table runner!

Siobhan, me too and I agree! :)

And I found a comment on my previous post from Pat, and I thank you so much for dropping by. I always click on a new entry so that I can "meet" you, but I couldn't find a blog for you, but it's nice to meet you anyway. :)

Thank you all so much if you are still reading this far down! Stay warm!

25 comments:

Paulette said...

Ooooh, wonderful job! It's gorgeous! Anne will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! You must love her more than you love me.
Hmph.
Pauletet

Paulette said...

oops, forgot how to spell my name.

Margaret said...

It's so beautiful!!! Anne will love it for sure! I love your Halloween Hornbook so far as well. Major is a cutie, just like his brother. What's a few pounds between brothers, right? lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on your tablerunner finish. It looks fabulous. Lucky Anne.
I go in spurts. Right now I'm all about the stitching. I'm sure it won't be too long before the piecing/quilting bug hits and I'll be cranking out the blocks on the 'ol Bernina.
No Marsha, I have no doubt that whatever you put your mind to, you will be able to do it!
Major just gives you much more to cuddle... so are you really saying that Paulette isn't feeding poor Friday enough?

Karen said...

That's is so pretty! Love the backing fabric too...great job as always.

happy stitching....

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love the table runner! You did a great job quilting it. I'm anxious to see you finish the Halloween Hornbook Sampler. I've love it since I first saw it here on your blog.

Jan said...

I am almost drooling here, what do you mean, stand another picture? I heart the fabrics in this runner, beautiful, just beautiful!

You know I ran across that pattern just the other day in my stash and kitted it up, would so love to get it stitched this year. I know you will finish yours.

Sweet look Major is giving you...know he gets plenty of loving!!

Have a great week, Marsha!:o)

Deborah said...

Beautiful table runner! The fabrics are lovely. Look forward to seeing Hornbook finished.

Cindy in Virginia said...

Congratulations, Marsha! I LOVE it!

Sherre said...

The runner is BEAUTIFUL, Marsha! I love the fabrics you chose--perfect together! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Marsha
I love the table runner.
I just wanted to let you know I don't have a blog.. thats why you couldn't find me. I don't know you better watch Paulette, I think she might be wanting to take the table runner home...

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful table runner. Never too many pictures.

Love the pic of your pooch too!

Tanya said...

Oh love it!!! So pretty.

Tanya

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the backing fabric - such a great choice to set off the top fabrics. And yay for finishing something in the green bucket! I may need to take a cue from you and make a green bucket of those things that need finishing off.

Catherine said...

Your runner is bea-u-ti-ful!

And love your hornbook piece - it looks like a fun stitch!

Still chuckling at Laurie's comment about Friday not getting enough to eat!

Nicole said...

That table runner is just gorgeous!! I love it Marsha!! And your wip is looking great too! :)

Kim said...

MM I love it!!! It looks wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful runner. Perfectly put together and the back is lovely too. Love it. Anne must be delighted. Lucky her :)

Your Hornbook Sampler looks great too.

Melody said...

Beautiful finish on your table runner! Congrats.

Berit said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to make something for my vanity like that!

Do you truly need a long-arm machine for the quilting? I've heard varying reports regarding this.

Lainey said...

Your friend Anne is going to love it, its beautiful!
Look forward to seeing more progress on Halloween Hornbook.
Happy Stitching!

Sherry said...

What a beautiful table runner. The colors are perfect. The stitching looks great too!

Heidi said...

That tablerunner is just beautiful! What a wonderful gift to have made for your friend. She will love it I am sure. Who wouldn't!

Great project to work on as you can dream of the wonderful autumn that is coming this year as you stitch...

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Teri said...

The runner is gorgeous! Great finish!

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, Marsha, that is gorgeous! Your table looks very much like my table, which makes me want to stop hoarding quilting fabric and actually MAKE something with it, like a table runner...

Love the progress on your PSS piece, too!

Your pup is adorable. Give him some cuddles from me & the Fluffinator.