Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kelmscott lovelies are in!

But first...I know you have more than likely seen Soph's Red Queen get-up on Paulette's blog..and her sidekick. This picture just does not do them justice. What great makeup..she kinda reminds me of Bette Middler on Hocus Pocus. And she is just the sweetest little thing. I giggle when I think of how her personility transforms to whatever she should be wearing. I really think Drama has a place for this one. 


I received the pumpkin trick-or-treater and the plate in the mail last week from someone very dear to me. Thank you SO MUCH! Every year this special person sends me a little fall present, and I keep saying each one is my favorite..this one really is! The little guy is only about 3 inches tall.


Have you seen Kelmscott's latest designs? I am always amazed at the things that come out of a designer's mind, and I get so antsy when I know Paula is designing more scissors. Don't you just love these Cat Snips? No one does scissors like Paula!


Or Needle Minders!


Not to mention her Thread Winders! I absolutely LOVE these little things.


I was dreaming the other night of being able to make a darling little purse for these purse frames to compliment..sigh..I'm so NOT talented, but I will try! They are just beautiful in person.


I always enjoy your visits. Thank you so much for stopping by.

13 comments:

Jan said...

HI Marsha....eek what frights they are!! I love the makeup and you are right, Sophie seems to change with the makeup/attire or maybe it is the camera that brings out the actress in her?? Love the pic, thanks for sharing it!

Also love your Kelmscott goodies, I need to order some of these, specially that new needle minder!! Wow!!

Margaret said...

I was amazed at Sophie's makeup -- talk about a perfect Red Queen! Mike's pretty cute too! :D

Nice present from your friend. And the Kelmscott goodies -- yummy! I hadn't seen the cat snips before -- I might need to get those!

Cari said...

Oh that darling Sophie...and Mike....what a pair !! Love the Kelmscott goodies too! Have a fun week !!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love her hair! And I agree that she looks like Bette Midler in Hocus Pocus.

Catherine said...

I love Sophie's outfit and makeup - she sure knows how to play a part! And Mike is such a hoot!

What cute things from your friend! And those Kelmscott items are fabulous!

Katrina said...

Fun post!!!! Loved Sophie's costume, it's too cute.

Nice Kelmscott haul and the plate is adorable.

BrendaS said...

Nice Fall gift from your friend.

I love Kelmscott's things too. I haven't seen the scissors so I am going to have to do some searching.

Sherry said...

LOL what a pair those two make! I love seeing what they up to next.

Wonderful Kelmscott goodies. I will have be on the look out for them now.

Siobhán said...

I got the biggest kick out of Sophie & Mike's make up. It just shows you how much makeup can transform the costume rather than paying a ton of $$ to a Halloween shop for a machine made costume.

Love the Kelmscott goodies! Paula always comes out with the most amazing stuff.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great costuming, but excellent makeup! Love that mouth! Your K goodies are sweet, and can't wait to see that purse!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the way Sophie and Mike look in that picture. I'm unable to comment on Paulette's blog so I'll do it here. :)

Love all the needlework goodies you got.

Love the blog!! Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the way Sophie and Mike look in that picture. I'm unable to comment on Paulette's blog so I'll do it here. :)

Love all the needlework goodies you got.

Love the blog!! Keep it up!!

joann in tx said...

i loved sophie's red queen! can't say i saw a costume to beat her's this year. and her makeup was fantastic! what a pair she and her dad were!

love those kelmscott goodies too!

joann in texas