Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At The Machine...

I just wanted a new table runner. I am so hooked on those things. I worked this one up with the little rail fence blocks I had, using Civil War prints..I just need to back, quilt, and bind it. And I have enough squares left over for a table square for my dining table, if I want one.


Here is a closeup of part of it.


And I happened by the door the other day when this little fellow dropped in. He was absolutely beautiful, though I'm sure the baby blue jays that are in the tree did not think he was quite so handsome.


Thank you for dropping by!

13 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Very nice table runner Marsha. I like your new visitor too.

Devon said...

I love the table runner,,very pretty...and that is one of my favorite patterns the rail fence..and a very cute little visitor you had...thanks for sharing..

Karen said...

Very pretty! I so wish I could quilt...maybe one day. For now I will just enjoy your creations.

Margaret said...

Oh I love your table runner! Now what kind of bird is that? A peregrine falcon? Something exotic? It sure is a pretty thing!

Myra said...

Nice table runner. I really like the rail fence pattern - so versatile.

Anne said...

Lovely! I think this is my favorite.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Cute! How are you going to quilt it?

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Love the table runner !!! Love all those colors !

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Beautiful! Love the colors! Neat to see the falcon, too!

Berit said...

Those patterns are scrumptious--Is he a little Hawk? So handsome! I'm no true avian enthusiast. :(

Katrina said...

What a pretty table runner!!! Love it. And what a sweet visitor :-).

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very nice - one a day? :-)
Did that handsome fellow take a dip?

Theodora quilts said...

thank for stopping by and visiting and the thoughtfull comment with words of encouragement ,I think your table runner is pretty with the perfectly cordinated colors ,and what a lovely bird bath reminds me of a needlepoint with the same subject that I have nearly finished,I will pick it up one day and finishe it,happy quilting