Friday, July 2, 2010

Plentiful Pansies

Thank you for stopping by...again! My posts either run into each other or one post stays up too long, but I really haven't done anything worthy of your time lately. I do appreciate your comments about my WIPs and for letting me know that I'm not the only one who doesn't get a lot of stitching done during the summer months.

 It's been quite a long work week. I love my job, but today I had to stop early because my ears and neck were really giving me fits.  I decided to sit at my dream machine and get a start on the pillow cases..these "Plentiful Pansies" are going to a young lady--my daughter's sister-in-law, actually--who will be going away to college soon, and I found out she likes pink..me too! I hope she likes these.

 Several have mentioned that they would like to make pillow cases..trust me when I say they are the easiest thing in the world, and I'm sure anyone can do it. The most time consuming thing is the top stitching, but even with that, I worked these up quite fast this afternoon from cutting to folding.



On to the next set...

15 comments:

Karen said...

Those are so pretty....I just love the colors you chose!

~Judy~ said...

What BEAUTIFUL pillowcases Marsha! Love the fabrics. Are these from a pattern?

Peggy Lee said...

Note to self: go shopping this weekend for pretty pillow case fabric
:^)

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Those are sew Pretty !!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

If she loves pink, she'll love 'em! I love pink and I love 'em! Very pretty, Marsha!

Margaret said...

I bet she'll love them! They're so pretty!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Very pretty... and a lovely gift for the college girl.
Enjoy the summer season and your garden. Before we know it the winter will return and we'll have plenty of time for stitching and quilting.

Deb said...

I think that your pillow cases are wonderful. You can never have enough pink in my book. I have to agree with you that they are easy to make. I've made them for my kids when I made them a quilt so everything was matching.

Catherine said...

Beautiful! What sweet dreams they would inspire!

Paulette said...

STUNNING!!! Miss H will absolutely love them!!!! Oh my goodness, they're so gorgeous!

LLLLLY!

Heidi said...

Oh wow! These are so beautiful. I know many who makes pillowcases but these are the prettiest I have ever seen. I might have to look up an online tutorial about making them even though I don't have your to die for fabrics. *drool*

You asked me once if I was Dutch. Yes and no. I am now Dutch (my mother will so laugh at this because my father always told me don't me Dutch meaning don't be silly as a little girl) but am from Ohio originally. I immigrated to Holland with my Dutch husband over 23 years ago.

Loved reading about your love of books! Thanks for leaving wonderful comments. I so enjoy reading what you leave on my blog for me.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Cari said...

Adorable pillow cases...Good job!!

Michelle said...

Oh they are so pretty! What a fun gift for going off to college!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your choice of fabrics on these pillowcases - they just scream "girl"! blessings, marlene

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Love those pillow cases!
And thanks for stopping by.
You know us bloggers live for comments!
Have a great weekend!