Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I know I sure am. It has been way too hot to be out of doors this past week, so I decided to put in some machine time. I cannot tell you how long I have wanted to make a tote! I love my Vera bags, but I just had the hankering to make one myself. I thoroughly enjoyed making this one, and I'm sure this was not meant to be as time consuming as it was. The handles on the pattern were not near long enough, but I didn't realize that until I got them cut out and top stitched. That just figures. But I did recut and make them longer. The fabrics I used are Red Bird in the Bowers by Kathy Schmit for Moda.
17 comments:
MOTHER!!!! I HAVE HAVE HAVE TO HAVE THAT ONE!! I want it to be a rectangular one!!!! OMG!! I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! forget the bowl exchange.....I want that purse! LOL!!
How beautiful! Congratulations on the tote finish. I think I want one. I found another talented toter as I perused blogs the other day...check her out...such talent boggles my pea-brained mind!
http://asamplerofstitches.blogspot.com
Thank you for sharing...can't wait to see what you do next!
This bag is so beautiful! Can you share where/who is the pattern maker? Thank you!
Oh my!! I am catching up on blogging this morning and what do I see??? MY fabric being used in this beautiful tote!!!! (I say MY fabric b/c it is the same fabric I bought last week to finish off my cross stitched Goode Huswife bird!!!) Great minds must think alike..hahaha..
This tote is absolutely beautiful and would rival ANY of my Vera bags..I love the covered buttons as the finishing touch!
Beautiful job, Faye
Oh I love those rich autumn colors. The tote looks wonderful.
Gorgeous!!!! Will you adopt me and in celebration will you make me a tote, LOL?????
Fabulous!! I love Audrey's comment!! You'll have to make one of those in colors for every season!!
It's wonderful! Must be nice to be able to sew up a tote like that. So are you going to give it to Audrey? :D
I love your bag! The fabric range is gorgeous, just my colours :) I shall have to hunt it down, I think.
Lovely purse!! And once again, you stash posting has caused me to go shopping again!!
What a lovely tote! Looks like you've found a great way to spend many hot days!! At least five - right?
GORGEOUS!!!! You did an outstanding job on your tote!!!! Now... if we could work on your stick people...
LLLLLY!
Marsha!! That is gorgeous. How DO you do those buttons? I tried to cover some of those metal things a week ago and alas, could NOT get the thing to push in to keep the fabby in. ugh - gave up. Yours are wonderful!
Tanya
The bag is gorgeous!! I love the covered buttons. I would love to know the name of the pattern.
WOW! I just love that bag! You did a stunning job on it and I know you will enjoy it!
I love the tote, and if the handles are long enough, then it's BETTER than a Vera tote. No offense to Vera, but her handles are too short!
Absolutely beautiful tote. I love the choice of fabric you have made. Will this be the first of many?
Would it be possible to email you sometime. I am not sure where I can find your address though.
Post a Comment