I also finished up on my Audrey's Bistro table runner..she needed a much smaller one than I would have done for my own table...
But my bowl of apples looked quite nice on it, anyway. :)
I backed it with this fabric, so she can always flip it over, though it's not a pieced back.
And tonight I will be finishing up The Forgotten Garden, which held all of my attention from the first page. I've probably read 40 or more books this year, but this one and The Tale of Halycon Crane are not in my normal genre, and I LOVED them both. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, and as always, I thank you so much for stopping by and especially for chatting.
17 comments:
I love the bistro table runner...the fabrics are fabulous! Great stitching...happy reading.
I'm really enjoying watching your progress on the Halloween Hornbook! The colors are wonderful as is the design.
Great tablerunner. I'm working on one now myself. Unfortunately, I don't have such a gorgeous bowl to put on mine! It's fantastic!
Reading, stitching AND quilting?? Now I would definitely call that a very productive weekend!!! Love the bistro table runner. Very nice on all accounts...
The Halloween Hornbook looks wonderful. The table runner for Audrey is beautiful and reversible...can't get any better than that.
I'm longing for Fall like weather too!
Both projects are so pretty!! The table runner does look wonderful with your bowl of apples -- love that bowl! And the hornbook is coming along great! I loved The Forgotten Garden! Kate Morton's books are so good -- you should read her other one. She has yet another coming out sometime soon -- I'm looking forward to it! Haven't read the other book you mentioned, but it's on my to-read list.
Busy, busy!! Love the runner and that bowl is fabulous!
I love that table runner !!!
HH is looking great, Marsha - such a fun design. Your bistro table runner is fabulous! You really did have a productive weekend - unlike myself!
Great stitching! That table runner is beautiful!
Halloween Hornbook looks great! As does the table runner. Ah, another fellow reader! I have a Kindle and I read each night before bed. I can usually get through a book a week or two weeks that way.
Aud is going to love having that table runner! It's sooo cute, although Paul may like it better with the coffee theme. :) Tell him to NOT try wrapping up in it for a nap.
Love the HHS! Great job! :)
LLLLLY!
What a beautiful table runner and I love the backing! The Hornbook is looking wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do for Paulette this year! Patience, patience!
I LOVE MY TABLE RUNNER MOM!!!!! I cant WAIT to get it!! Is that Halloween Hornbook for me as well? you know I need it to go with those FAB plates Paulette sent to meeeeee!!! LLLLLLLY!!!!!
The table runner is fantastic and you are moving right along on the Halloween piece. Can't wait to see what you stitch up for Paulette - your choices always make me want to run right out and stitch the same thing for myself!
Love the table runner and the Halloween Hornbook!
I am glad to hear you like the Halcyon Crane book. It's on the reading list for my Book Club this year :-).
Awesome! And, 40 books this year!? Nice!
I saw that chart when I placed my order as reward to achieving my summer UFO goals. It looks even better now seeing you stitching it. I am longing for Halloween and autumn and cool weather. Relief from this hot summer!
The tablerunner is fantastic!!! It looks like you need to give the bowl away with it as it matches it perfectly...lol.
You know, I have been trying to read The Forgotten Garden since the beginning of this year and am only half way through it. I do want to know what happens so I will finish it...eventually. I just cannot get into KMs writing. Had the same problem with The House at Riverton. It is just me as she has the most wonderful reviews for her books. I am rereading Little Women right now and so enjoying that.
Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi
Post a Comment