I am really feeling lazy today! I couldn't wait for gardening weather to get to the heartland, but now that it is here, I am having a tough time getting out there and starting. Guess I'm not used to the sunny weather yet. Normally it gives me a ton of energy; today, I'm just lazy. So I decided to post a few things I've been dilly-dallying at. First, of course, is Ann Grimshaw. I am thoroughly enjoying every stitch, except the ones I keep having to take out. I cannot stand trying to take red out of white. No matter how careful you are there are bound to be some stray fibers hanging on for dear life.
Then there is The Birds & The Bees..what a cheerful piece this is, and I just love it. I can hardly wait to get to the big bird and the deer..I love Kathy's deer! I wasn't trying to make a vignette here..just wanted to show you which needle minder I am using with this piece.
I never plant bulbs in the fall. I've heard you are supposed to leave the green on and let it die off naturally in order to feed the plant for next year. I can't do that! My compulsive nature says it's messy, and I have a hard time ignoring it out in the landscape..but these daffodils have been coming up for like 10 years, and after they stop blooming, I hack those things right to the ground..and they are still pretty..my DH cut these for me..
While I was lollygagging yesterday after work, I was craving sugar..and as you can see, BUTTER! My best friend introduced me to this Dump Cake (recipe) many years ago. Maybe my 50-something-year-old colon shouldn't entertain such things, but I do have a sugar problem and didn't have any chocolates, so I put together this yummy delight...there is pineapple in the bottom.
And if the butter didn't make it rich enough, I topped it with whipped cream...I wonder if that is why I felt a little queasy last night. LOL!
I am really getting bad at starting quilts and not finishing them..while I'm waiting on some Verna fabrics to do a wonderful quilt pattern I found, I started on this...but as soon as my fabric comes, this is being put away..it's oodles of little pieces...but I'm sure I will finish it. My daughters think I bought the pattern just because of the name--how silly of them to think that of their MOTHER. No, I didn't, but if I did, it would be named after Mr. Darcy, Matthew Macfadyen. :)




16 comments:
I love your lollygagging! lol! Your Ann is gorgeous! (I hear you on frogging red from white fabric. Ugh!) And your CHS piece too! That yummy, buttery thing looks scrumptious and naughty, which i don't need right now. :D And that fabric! Yum! I love the Verna fabric, don't you? I'm hoping to make something out of it too!
Mnn; I have such a sweet tooth these last few weeks! :P Good thing there are no supplies for it kept in the house! :D
Yours looks amazing, though--Butter has gotta be one of my all-time favorites!
Nice WIPs....and that dump cake looks scrumptious!
Your WIPS look lovely... but that 'dump cake' looks luscious! So, are you going to share the recipe or do we have to beg?
I hear you about the gardening. My achy old body is protesting all the bending that's required to neaten up the garden beds. :-)
Around here, we don't garden we do yardwork! I wish I enjoyed it but I can't see that ever happening!
ummm. mother. Lets face the facts here. #1. Your favorite person in the world...whether it be mortal or fantasy..is Mr. Darcy.
#2. Quilt fabrics with the name DARCY on it.
#3. Stop being in denial and just admit it already.
#4. LLLLLY!
I had to laugh because I usually am out in the garden cleaning up and making it look nice for the warm weather by now. Not this year. I have been hold up in the house with my stitching. Your CHS piece and Ann are looking beautiful. I laughed again because I love the dump cake but if I eat more than one piece (or too big of a piece) I always feel a little "off" too!
We all have those days!
Oh that dump cake looks delicious! I think I gained ten pounds just thinking about it!
Your wip's look great and I agree - it's a bear trying to frog any red threads!
I think I know how you're feeling - I've been waiting for the warmer weather to get here and then I don't get outside as much as I'd like! Your stitching looks wonderful and so does that cake. It's making me hungry!!
I have had that problem with taking out stitches with red threads from white fabric. Actually started over with blue threads on one piece.
I enjoyed seeing what you are working on.
I love that word, and you do so well at it, Marsha! I mean that with all sincerity, I am not poking fun!!
That looks so scrumptious, makes me want some right away, but will just have to wait until next week, when I get back home!
Love your progresses, I have missed visiting and reading your blog! Sorry for the time away, it is great to be back!
Oh, I'm a lollygagger, too. I've been sitting here most of day - but did get some linen coffee stained. Love, love your redwork sampler! The spring is nice, too, though. The cake looks yummy - hey, you're not lollygagging, you're just not gardening!
Your lollygagging projects are wonderful! The dump cakes looks YUMMY!
Love your lollygagging, I call it piddling, LOL.
Pretty pieces, Ann Grimshaw is so pretty in red and the needleminder is gorgeous.
Dump cake is yummy, I make it all the time :-).
Beautiful progress on both of your projects! That cake looks sooo good! I wish I had the ingredients - right now! :)
Beautiful photos!! Everything looks wonderful! And stop saying Dump Cake... I'm losing 10 pounds by May 7 with Bre. Once that 10 pounds is gone, I'll make some Dump Cake and then start all over again.
LLLLLY!
Post a Comment