Ok..I was really feeling guilty because I have at least half-a-dozen quilts in various stages of progress. Every time I start one it becomes my favorite. I decided I would try to finish some of them up..kinda makes me feel less guilty for buying more fabric. Anyhow, this is what I call "drab toile." I have finished quilting the inside panel, which is just one cut of fabric. I used my all-time favorite and fun Meandering. I love this fabric!
And while I'm really slow, I've been putting in a few leaves here and there on the Birds and the Bees (CHS). I just started on the big bird last week..love the soft colors. But it sure feels like the more leaves I do, the more there are to do.
Thank you for sharing part of your day with me and for your sweet comments.


14 comments:
Gorgeous pictures!
I also love the look, but not the smell of lilacs! :)
For the "meandering", do you have to trace it out first somehow, or do you just wander around at will? It looks great, and I think drab toille is the perfect name!
Also, I can't believe how many leaves you've done. It really looks nice!
Oh I love lilacs! Both the smell and the sight! lol! Ours are blooming now too. Yay! Love your quilt -- so pretty! And lovely progress on all those leaves! That's a lotta leaves!
I just love, love lilacs. We have a bush in the corner of our backyard, but nary a bloom yet. I don't think they'll be ready until next month sometime. And then I have to sneak out and steal blooms because the bush, even though in the corner of our yard is really our neighbors and they are evil! LOL
Love that drab toile. I think it's a great piece of fabric. And great progress on your stitching. Good luck with all those leaves.
I love lilacs!! I found a variety that will have sporadic reblooms throughout the growing season if the water conditions are right!
I love the drab toille and your meandering. Can't wait to see more of that one.
Your stitching is looking good - that's a lot of leaves.
Your lilacs look so pretty! I loooove your quilt and stitching WIPs, too. Show more of your quilt WIPs, I'd love to see 'em!
i also love the way Lilacs smell~ And yours look just lovely.... I can nearly smell them myself~ Enjoy, Faye
The lilacs are lovely... but they can be a bit overpowering in scent. I see you're a big fan of the meander quilting stitch... I love using that too on my quilts.
Your lilacs are gorgeous! I just love the look of fresh cut flowers from the yard in a pretty vase.
You've done a ton of leaves....it must feel never ending. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your quilt. Congrats on working towards your finishes!
Lilacs are my favorite - thank you for sharing!!
Such gorgeous flowers! I love love love that drab toile. And your birds & bees is looking wonderful. But, I can imagine those leaves do multiply!
What gorgeous lilacs! Love the WIP pictures too :-).
Oh beautiful flowers! I need to get outside and do some yard work. Your quilt is lovely and the leaves on your stitching are looking great!
I love drab toile, too! It's in my bedroom now - but nothing as lovely as your quilt! Your growing leaf piece is so pretty, too.
Post a Comment