Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Stitching


We have had three sunny days in a row...love it! Pretty soon most of my free time will be spent overdosing on vitamin D. I've not ventured outside to see what is waking up yet, though.

I just started The Birds & The Bees this very week. It's been a while since I have worked with Needlepoint Silks..luscious, to say the least. I like it that there aren't many colors in this piece. So, here is my first progress picture. If anyone knows how many leaves are on this piece, please do not tell me!


And I put a little time into Ann Grimshaw, which I am loving working on. I don't think I shall ever tire of stitching in reds.



Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and sharing some of your day with me.

15 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, I love love love Ann in red! I have her started (all of 1/2 of a motif, ahem...) in Black Coffee by CC but red... yumm. Love your new start, too!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Ahhhh... I knew I was going to fall in love with Ann Grimshaw stitched in red. Lovely

Margaret said...

Beautiful, both pieces! I'm like you -- better not to know the number of leaves. lol! Ann in red -- yum! Now could you send some of that sun this way? :D

Ranae said...

Beautiful start, pretty leaves
I agree Ann looks fabulous in red.
Happy Stitching!! Happy Spring!!

Deb said...

Ann in red is going to be absolutely stunning!!! I like your new start too and I don't know how many leaves are in the piece, so you won't get the information from me!!! ;o)

JillMN said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the wonderful comments. I see you are doing a Hawk Run Hollow also. I am really having fun with the Christmas one I am doing right now. I have the Shores one to do also--maybe next year. Your stitching is beautiful. Another blogging friend is made. Have a great day!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Like you, I just LOVE the red! I'd never tire of it either.

Leaves? There are leaves? :)

Tanya said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!!

Tanya

Catherine said...

Lovely new start and even if I knew the number of leaves, I wouldn't tell!

Love the color red for Ann!

Paulette said...

Oooh, I am going to be so envious when you're finished with the B&tB! I haven't gotten any fun stitching in in ages!

Anne is gorgeous!!!!

LLLLLLLY!
Paulette

Sherry said...

Wow! Ann is looking beautiful and the red is scrumptious! Your new start is coming along great too. We have had some sunny days and it is supposed to be lovely through the weekend so I will be outside doing some needed work in the yard!

Nicole said...

Beautiful new start on Birds and Bees Marsha. I also love your red Ann! It's so pretty.

Michelle said...

Both pieces are beautiful. I can't get enough of the red...and Ann Grimshaw in red...be still my heart!

Katrina said...

Oh wow gorgeous! Love both projects and Ann in red is so pretty.

I am so ready for spring!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Lovely beginnings - nor shall I ever tire of reds...