We still have the ugliest snow on the ground. It's pretty bad when you get excited about it getting into the 20s. This winter is getting really long. And I'm so picture poor right now. I feel like I am grasping at straws to find something to share. All of the good, photogenic stuff is at Paulette's house! I got to see her finished ornament for the JCS issue this afternoon; oh my goodness, is it ever beautiful! As you see I haven't made much progress on Village, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. It did have two windows, but I was having so much fun I wanted to remove one so that I could put it in again. I hate taking out black or red! I've done absolutely no work on Ann Grimshaw. No work on Paradise Lost. But I am finding tons of things I want to start, and probably will. I have worked a little on my quilt..my no-name quilt because I am not good at thinking up things like that. I've been hiding out in my green room after dinner a couple of nights this week, so that is coming along, slow but sure. Anyhow, here is where I am at on Village.
One of the things I have been itching to start since I first laid eyes on it was CHS' The Birds & The Bees. I love the colors in that piece. I ordered the NPI silks from Drema just this week, and they were in my mailbox today, already!
13 comments:
Edgar really has started something with that soap! lol! He should get a discount or something! I love your Village! I'm starting to wonder if I should start Autumn or Christmas. It's been a while since I've HRH'ed. :D So will you show off your quilt sometime? I hope so! And get Paulette to give us sneak peeks of her new designs!!
Can you steal the ornaments from Paulette and give us a sneak preview?
I think I'm going to have to get some of those soaps too.
I know what you mean about our endless winter. Our snow is just plain butt ugly now.
Oh good grief! More soap I need to try? Paulette already turned me on to some other wonderful Etsy soap...mmmmmm....soap! :o)
You're doing great - I'm right behind you in the "Village", I'm working on block #10 right now. It's the solid stitching in one color that gets to me, I Iove changing colors and moving around stitching different parts ~ I think the last block is really going to get to me with all the black and slow me down.
The soap looks like it smells good!!
Your VoHRH is just stunning. I think that's my favorite of all the HRH pieces and I've yet to start it. One day.... I am done with winter, too!
Your Village looks wonderful! I can't wait to see Paulette's new design in JCS. The soap even looks like it smells heavenly! Maybe I will get some next.
Since Edgar wrote about those soaps I have been seeing them in so many blogs! This might be one bandwagon I need to jump on!
Your stitching looks great! I love all he HRH pieces, but haven't purchased any yet. Perhaps someday!
We are down to the ugly snow here, but at least it has warmed up - a virtual heatwave - we may hit the 50's this weekend! And we are finally seeing patches of grass - although the yard is quite squishy!
I agree with Laurie, you should sneak over and take photos of Paulette's ornament! Your HRH looks lovely, window redo aside. Love those colors for your new CHS piece. What fun to start a new project. Althought I've been having too much fun in that arena. I should really try to finish something! Can't wait to see the quilt you're working on too!
I love visiting your blog, you have such lovely work. Mmmm, I think I can smell those soaps !!!!!!!
Mnn, mnn, mnn how I want some of that soap! It's just all over blogland! Please do tell us what your favorite scent (or your impressions on all of them!) Turns out to be. Did you get the sampler bars like Paulette did, or did you go full-size?
Mom, I admire you for getting more soap, but for the love of all things cleanly, please start USING them!!
LOLOLOL, LLLLLY!
me
I can smell those soaps from here. I'm going to have to check them out! Love your Village and all those silks are so pretty. I love when I can sit and look at them! Can't wait to see what Paulette's design new design is for JCS and I hope to start PL soon - I just love that piece.
Lovely work and pretty threads! ...and I did because Paulette did...
Post a Comment