Sunday, February 21, 2010

Under Pressure...

I just wanted to respond to a couple of comments on the pressure cooker. Paulette, yes, you can borrow it anytime you want..just let me know.

DebbieSFL, it is indeed an electric digital pressure cooker by Wolfgang Puck. It's the first time I have ever used a PC (side note to Bre--this is not a Mac) :-)

Joann, I have always cooked my soups, chili, and spaghetti sauces all day long..until very recently..like just since Christmas. I have to say, this is every bit as good as the ones I cook from morning until evening, and the meat is extremely tender because of the pressure.

Audrey, don't you love that color?? I didn't see the white like yours..guess you will have to wait on Santa! :)

Laurie and Deb, my mom always used a pressure cooker; I was scared to death of  that thing and refused to ever have one. Then I saw the electric one..it's all by time, not PSI..No hissing noises.

Side note: This is not an advertisement for Wolfgang Puck. It just happens to be a brand that I really like. Thanks to all who posted..I wish I could send some soup through the computer..my husband kinda rolls his eyes when he opens the freezer, but he always asks if I need anymore containers. :-)  He doesn't eat anything called soup.

10 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Oh... thanks for the explanation about the electric pressure cooker. It does sound like something I could use and I guess it would be more energy efficient since it cooks so quickly.

Kim said...

I agree...I was always afraid of my mom's hissing and spitting pressure cooker, but the electric one may be something I need to look in to!! Thanks for the review, MM! :o)

Margaret said...

Interesting! I'm going to have to think about it.....

Berit said...

My Marc LOVES soup, and would eat it at the drop of a hat.

I think he also wants us to use/get a pressure cooker, as he grew up with one (and tripe cooked in it. Can't quite warm up to tripe yet...). I grew up in a crock pot family, but your soup and cooker sure make the prospect appealing!

Sherry said...

I saw one that could be used as pressure or slow cooker. Depending on your needs but I like yours. I also saw the prices of some and I know I will have to wait until a major holiday so it can be a gift! LOL. BTW, we love soup around here.

Deb said...

Well, maybe I can over the fright of the thing. I just remember my mom using one and the darned thing hissing and making all kinds of noise, but she said they couldn't be beat! Maybe the electric one would be just the ticket!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You make it sound so good and easy! The soup's done before the cornbread, hu? My mom was afraid, so I've never even tasted anything from one that I know of...

Jackie's Stitches said...

My mother often cooked using a pressure cooker to save time. What else can you use it for besides soup? I'm always busy and taking an hour to cook dinner in the evening is not my idea of fun. Maybe I should explore this idea more!

joann in tx said...

like everyone else, my mom used the pressure cooker too...the hissing and sputtering one.

i was always afraid of it. but this one might have possiblities! :)

your husband doesn't eat/like soup? nothing better than soup on a cold winter's night..... :)

Natasha said...

I think I may have to look into a PC. I have also been very afraid of using one so never have, my grandmothers always did This looks like something I could manage and if produces soup like that in 20 minutes thats my kind of cooking.

Spaghetti, I wonder how that would be in one?
Take Care and I am enjoying your blog and the new recipe blog :)