Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paradise Lost and an older sampler...

I am into my second week working on Paradise Lost. I usually just stitch in the evenings, so that's why I'm no farther along. I am really enjoying it. Everyone I know who has stitched on this has said how fun it is. I'm sure it's the most colorful thing I've ever worked on..thank you, Paulette, for such a beautiful design.

I've had several people ask about the sampler in the pile..I think this is the one they are referring to; if not, just holler and I'll try to figure out which one you mean. I don't have the chart, so it must be in Paulette's pile. I am pretty certain it is Dutch Motif Sampler..I don't know why but Cathy Livingston--she passed away years ago--comes to mind as the designer. I'll let you know for certain when I find out.

As always, thank you for sharing my day and for your sweet comments.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paradise lost is again tempting. And your pictures are great.

Moni said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I fell in love with that sampler,on the top of your wonderful pile, at first sight, as I saw it! I was going crazy searching for its name and designer throughout the web!
Actually I love all the samplers in the pile and all your stitching!
Thank you and have a Happy Year!
Monica

Margaret said...

Beautiful, both pieces! I agree that Paradise Lost is a fun stitch, and definitely a wonderfully colorful piece. Color is my thing, so PL satisfied me enormously! As for that other sampler -- Oh goodness! I do love it! Now to go on a search! lol!

Catherine said...

Paradise Lost is definitely on my wish list! Your pieces look great!

Siobhán said...

Hey, every stitch is progress! Love your other sampler, too!

Sherry said...

Oh, PL is looking very tempting! You are coming along great with it. I usually only stitch in the evenings too. The Dutch Sampler is beautiful too.

Katrina said...

Love your Paradise Lost, mine is on the top of my pile. I hoping to get several hours of stitching done on it this weekend.

And again, I am happy to take a few of those samplers off your hands ;-).

BrendaS said...

Every little bit of stitching makes a difference. Love PL! Are you stitching it hand or on a frame?

I love the colors in the Dutch Spot Sampler. That will look great when it's framed.

Brenda

Michelle said...

I think you're making good progress on PL. That tree probably takes a good amount of time. Beautiful sampler - definitely needs to be framed!!

Kim said...

LOVE those colorful peacocks in your dutch sampler! And Paradise Lost...well..yeah. What's left to be said about that one? Gorgeous!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You do such lovely stitching, and that is a beautiful sampler on top of your pile :-).

Berit said...

Wonderful! I love Paulette's "square-set-on-the-diamond" trees.

Jen Bailey said...

Beautiful start on PL! It's next on my stitching list but I have to decide whether to use DMC or to invest in the silks. Which are you using?