Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year..

...and I hope yours will be even better than the last. Do you make resolutions? I, for once, did not make any, because I never follow through with them. (It did come to mind that I should give up sugar. I do have a problem). Who ever heard of not craving chocolates so much, anyway? Why, that's a stupid resolution. I remember my dearest friend sent me a 3-pound Hershey computer screen after I graduated from M-TEC. I thought I had died and gone to Hershey Heaven when I saw that thing all wrapped up..Sophie was visiting me at the time I opened it, and being the good MeeMee that I am, I let her have a nibble..she was after all just a little thing back then, and her mama didn't want her to have much sugar. I was a good girl..didn't have but just a bite-until that sugar hit my system. I will not tell you how long it took me to consume that lest I embarrass myself..and what was I saying? Sorry. I do go on...oh, yeah, the resolutions. I figured if I didn't make any, I wouldn't break any, so bring on the chocolate.

I am up to my eyeballs in unfinished stitching, quiling, knitting..I'm a pretty good stitcher, a wannabe real good quilt maker, and a below-average knitter, not getting past the little scarves.

Here is what is on the list:

Village of Hawk Run Hollow (I am working on block 10/12). I would like to finish this, this year.
I just started PSS Paradise Lost. I would like to finish this in this lifetime.

Quilt drab toile.
Quilt red holiday toile.
Quilt Christmas star quilt.
Finish the fall quilt I started last year.
Finish a Yellow Brick Road I started years ago.
I'm sure there are more, but this is just what I can recall right now.

Finish the scarf I started for Sophie.

I guess that's not bad. For once I don't have a ton of stitching UFOs. Now why did I think all of that sounded overwhelming?

I leave you with a few of my favorite pics of my kids. This is my son and YKW.

What a sweet picture of Mike, husband of YKW.

YKW, minus the crown.

The littlest princesses. The little dark-haired one refuses to have anything to do with her MeeMee..whoever heard of a grandchild not taking to their MeeMee?? This one is Pops' girl. The blonde one is ALL MINE!


This beauty is another of Pops' girls! I just blame it on her being a leftie, like him. But she is the sweetest, prettiest thing you have ever seen and loves her Meems, too.

These 2 nuts should not be in the same room together! They are hilarious. Must be because they are both Long Horns fans? I think! My sweet beautiful girls.

Thank you for indulging me in my ramblings..and as always, thank you for your sweet comments.

10 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

You have a beautiful family. TFS

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Love your stitching. Paradise Lost is a real temptation for me ....lol. What stands YKW for btw?

Sherry said...

What wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us! I should give up sugar too but I can't say no to chocolate either. Especially white chocolate! I can't wait to see all your projects!

Catherine said...

I am so on the same page with you on chocolate!!

Looks like everyone was having a good time together!

Hope you are staying safe and warm.

Anonymous said...

Hey mom! Great new blog background! I love it! I would love it even more if you would hurry up with my Paradise Lost! I am sick of waiting! LLLY!

Kim said...

MM...such a fun clan you have there!!! Can't wait to see your projects as you complete them! I know you'll get them all done, and then some!!!

Debby said...

You have a very nice family! I saw on one of your samplers your name. Are you dutch? Wel, i am.

Greetings from Debby,
the Netherlands

Nic said...

Good luck wth your goals!

Margaret said...

I think you're smart not to make any resolutions -- especially about chocolate or sugar. :D I can't live without chocolate myself. lol! You have a manageable list of projects there, so that's good too! I love the pics of everyone -- especially the one of Paulette and her brother. How cute is that?! You have a wonderful family there!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous family and great to-do list :-).