Thursday, January 7, 2010

All Piled Up...

You will see what I mean in a moment. I'm not just talking about the snow. I got a wee start on Plum Street Samplers' Paradise Lost this week. I absolutely think that this is Paulette's best design, though I know everyone has their favorite. I knew this one was mine the minute I saw the little critters that are so uniquely her style. See that phrase? I consider myself quite young right on, but gosh, between her and Carriage House Samplings, do I have enough time left on the planet?

The last thing I worked on in 2009 was Village of Hawk Run Hollow, Block #10. I don't intend to let this sit all year like I did in 2008, but I might be working on that Halloween block in November.

This is a little embarrassing. It's what I meant by "piled up." Hmm, I probably don't even have to provide an explanation. This doesn't count the pile of things that friends have given me and a couple of really old pieces that are now endangered designs that need to be framed. Sigh..big sigh..I always have such good intentions, but like my resolutions, they go by the wayside the minute I feel the least bit inconvenienced. I detest choosing framing. I'm not good at it, either.

This, too, has piled up. As of this morning, there was a 6-foot drift at that fence out there. I love seeing it snow..I don't much care for it after it has fallen, but I could watch it come down all day.

I forgot to post this picture of yours truly..um..she went up to my office to look at my Christmas tree during the holidays..don't you love the scarf? Notice how sweet she looks, how innocent? NOTICE MY RED SAMPLER UNDER HER SCARF???

Thanks for sharing my day...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving a comment!! Wow... you have so many cross stitches waiting to be framed!! I don't mind choosing frames.. I usually know just what I want... but then I have trouble finding just what I want!!!

Katrina said...

LOL! She's being very sneaky isn't she.

My suggestion is you send your pieces to me and I will be sure they all get framed ;-). I enjoy picking a frame but I also like the surprise of sending them to Jill Rensel and just waiting to see what comes back. I've never been disappointed.

Love your HRH and PL pieces. I think PL may be my favorite Paulette piece too, but I am witholding judgement until I see her Queen Elizabeth piece and I do love Still Waters and all the Sunday School pieces, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I could match you project for project with my unframed finishes. (You have quite a lovely collection, by the way.) Still, seeing the fabulous sampler walls featured by various online stitches makes me want to reform my ways and get my finishes hung up. Too bad I like to stitch more than I like to frame.

Catherine said...

I too have way too many pieces waiting in the wings to be framed! Yours look beautiful!

Hope you are staying warm!

Deb said...

Very sneaky lady if you ask me! LOL

I can't believe all those pieces you have sitting to be framed, but I hear you on picking out frames, I stink at them too.

Love the PL piece - I think that's one of my favorites too and is close to top of the stitching pile for this year!

Margaret said...

Marsha, I love your pile of samplers!! I have to ask -- what are the two at the very top? I love them! :D I have the same problem, so no worries there. We can all share in the problem, right? I'm hoping the snow stays away from us. Nothing major so far, knock on wood. Now what is that Paulette doing?..... lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

That's an impressive pile of things to be framed! Love the snap of Paulette. But a thief??? I would have thought you'd have raised her better than that. :-) ROFLOL

Jan said...

Marsha GIRL...you need to get to the framer's! lol Such lovelies to grace your walls, now can't you just see them????

Love the pic of Paulette-y, with her hair that color, she looks a lot more like her mother, course now how would I know? Havent' seen many pics of you! lol

It would be so hard for me to pick a fave PSS design, my stash is full of ones I have to stitch!!

Have a great year, Marsha! Don't sneeze or it will be behind us, just like '09! POOF!

Debby said...

What a great pile you have!!! I love them all.

Debby

Anonymous said...

How sneaky of Paulette....lol. But then again, I understand her too. These samplers look all fantastic. Love them all.
Love also your start on Paradise Lost.

Sherry said...

Ohhhhh, look at all that snow! We are still waiting to get some. I thought I was bad about leaving finished pieces just sitting and waiting but you have made me feel better! I agree that Paulette outdid herself on Lost Paradise but I can't wait to see her Queen's Sampler.

Sherry said...

PS - I love your pile of samplers! They just look beautiful all on their own! I meant to say that I'm glad I'm not the only person with a pile like this. It's still early morning here and my coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet.

Nicole said...

Great start on PL! I really want to get back to mine - SOON! It's such a great design, and I agree, it's one of Paulette's best. VoHRH is looking great and I have no doubt that you will get it finished in 2010. Don't feel bad about your pile of needing to be finished and/or framed pieces. I have a HUGE pile of things that need to be framed - I'm so bad about getting things framed, which is why it's my goal to get some framed this year. I guess I would just rather spend my money on stash and spend my time stitching! :)

Very funny pic of Paulette! Very sneaky! :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely 'pile' you have! Sounds like me - love the stitching - what, they need to be finished, too? So, did she get away with it?

Michelle said...

I have a ton of framing I need to do too! Love that photo of Paulette...sneaky, that one! PL looks lovely...I can't wait to get to that one!

Siobhán said...

ROFLOL!! Thanks for the laugh at that last photo!!

I have to agree, I think PL is my favorite piece of Paulette's. I loved every second of stitching it and need to find another piece that I love just as much. I like what I'm stitching, but you know how you get into a "oh my gosh, I can't wait to get up in the morning so I can work on that sampler" mode? That was it for me with PL. Love your Village, too!

I can't help with the framed pieces other than to say oh my gosh--they look fabulous! But Deb's website for finishing is http://www.artisticneedle.net. It has her contact link on there plus the link to her finishing albums, which will send you into a fit of eye candy overload. Enjoy!

Stay warm. :)

Paulette said...

How dare you! After the countless HUGE FRAMED PIECES you've tried to stuff under your shirt (and they FIT!), you would dare post a photo of me in an incriminating pose? I dare say, those have been PHOTOSHOPPED! I've been framed! LOL

Btw, I hate your pile of finished samplers!!!! I want a pile of finished samplers tooooo!!!

LLLLLY!
me

Glenna said...

Ah, and she looks so innocent! But maybe she's just taking it to be framed!

Tell me what the sampler is in the top center of the pile--with all the yellow--they're all wonderful, and I recognize most of them, but I don't recognize that.

BrendaS said...

You sure have a lot of finished projects to be framed. But that should be a good feeling that you got so much accomplished.

Keep plugging away on the other 2 and before you know it they will be done. I have Paradise Lost all kitted up but have yet to start it. Maybe sometime soon

BrendaS

Kim said...

LOL I don't mind picking out the frames...I just hate paying for them! LOLOL Paulette does look sweet and innocent...doesn't she? Amazing! ha!