Monday, December 21, 2009
Stitching Exchange and a Finish
Oh my goodness. I have finally finished Block #9 on Village. I really dislike stitching small motifs, so I did not enjoy this one as I did the other, more filled-in blocks. I am SO glad it is done. I also got a nice start on Block #10.
After 2 years, I still have 3 blocks to go, but lest I sound slower than I feel, it laid in the closet for over a year after I got 6 blocks done. I guess I am a glutten for punishment. I am still dying to stitch Shores and Christmas, and I know I will want Autumn.
As for the exchange, for many years now, my Paulette and I have been exchanging a stitched piece for Christmas. We choose whatever we want, taking into consideration, of course, the other person's likes, but neither of us have a say in what the other is doing..It's SUPPOSED to be a SURPRISE, but Paulette always, always tries to get me to slip up and mention something about what I'm stitching for her, and I usually do! One year we were looking at some pics in my camera I had just taken and, well, yeah, the piece I had just finished for her was in there. It came up on the screen, and we both looked at each other and said "oh my gosh," and she nearly dropped my new camera..then we started hysterically laughing and couldn't stop. That was fun..I think she is a sneak, though. This year we were both pressed for time. I actually got mine done in plenty of time and even got the frame, but I was waiting until like Christmas morning or afternoon, right before they come over, to frame it. Yeah..that's me! I think I was putting my initials on her piece last year on the Eve of Christmas. When she said let's do it now, I panicked because I hadn't even ironed hers..so I rushed upstairs to do that, and what did I find but a little row of uncrossed stitches!? I was SO GLAD when she said mine wasn't framed yet either..gosh, what does she do with her time? :) Anyhow, here is Quaker Square #4 by Monasterium that I did for her...if it looks familiar, I did one in the same series last year. She is such a smarty pants..she asked me if there were any more in this series..or something like that..I said yes, and she said, "Oh, ok..I just wanted to know what I'm getting for the next 4 Christmases!" Ahhh, that's my eldest.

I know she worked on my piece when she should have been sleeping or eating. If you have been following her blog , you know all her family has been through these past several months, so it means that much more to me..here is "It's Berry Time" by Blackbird Designs, and she used Sister Scarlet Belle Soie silk..Paulette, thank you with all my heart! I LOVE IT and can't wait until it's framed..it's going to hang either in my office or my green room, since I want a whole wall of red samplers in there--hint, hint!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
GORGEOUS!!! All of it! Love your HRH and both of the exchange pieces...to die for! You guys rock!! {{{hugs}}}
Both of these Finishes are so nice! Since you both try to keep things a surprise; does that mean that it's a coincidence that you both stitched in red for each other?
:D What a dear tradition.
Your new village block is also wonderful, of course!
Your stitching looks fantastic! I actually used one of Paulette's freebies (Accept this Trifle) for my Mom this year and snuck in both of our initials. I stitched it in a navy blue silk over one and can't wait to give it to her! You have a very sweet tradition of exchanging stitched pieces!
Your stitching is so beautiful and I love your story about the row of uncrossed stitches. Made me remember the 1 stitch I found last night and did not cross so now it is crossed thanks to you.
Sandy
Oh what fun!! I love seeing what you two make for each other every year. :D I see a red theme this year. lol! Love both pieces -- you're right, Paulette must have been stitching in her sleep or something. And your Village looks mahvelous! I think that block you just finished was one of my least favorites as well. lol! But it's done now! Yay! Hope you all have a great Christmas! Give Paulette extra hugs!
I love seeing what you and Paulette stitch each year as gifts.
They are both gorgeous in red!
OMG both of the exchange pieces are wonderful! Your Village looks fabulous too. YGG
Merry Christmas!
What a great tradition you and Paulette have! I can just see you both having a blast with it all. I love Berry Time too. Have a wonderful Christmas!
I knew what Paulette was stitching for you ;-) and it's gorgeous. I love the piece you did for her too.
Congrats on finishing another block, I am just started on VoHRH and I love it.
Merry, merry Christmas to you!
Oh, yeay!! I love to see the great unveiling of projects between you & Paulette. I think they are so special. YGG on the finish, too! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
You and Paulette have the best relationship...I could only wish! I love how both of you love the joy of stitching!!! Nice job on the red sampler! Faye
Your exchange pieces with Paulette are both gorgeous! Love the choices you each made. Your HRH is looking fabulous too! Happy New Year!
Your VoHRH is beautiful!! I love it! I also love both of the samplers that you can Paulette stitched. They're so pretty!! :)
Your Village is looking amazing. And the pieces you and Paulette stitched for each other are fabulous!!! What a wonderful tradition the two of you have of doing this!
Post a Comment