Monday, November 30, 2009

Muffins and a chat...

It has finally turned freezing cold in Nebraska, and that always drives me to bake..today, it's muffins. This is a new recipe for me--Raspberry jam filled--and so yummy, especially with coffee. I don't think I have ever met a muffin I didn't like.

On to my Village. I'm trying so hard to finish up on Block #9, but as with all of my stitching, it sure is slow going...



Here are my 3 favorites right now that I am waiting to start. Not sure which one will get started first, because I want all 3 of them at the same time!

I've so enjoyed looking at others sampler walls. Here are mine. This one is in my foyer. The 3 designs on the right are from Paulette, my "grab in a fire" one being the Peacocks & Pumpkins.


Here is the one in my dining room. My ceiling is 14 feet high, so I cannot get a closeup.

And I leave you with one of my earliest pieces, a Pat Rogers. As with ALL things in my home that are hanging, it is impossible to get away from reflection.


And lastly, just two of my four beautiful granddaughters. Thank you so much for stopping by, and I always enjoy your comments/Email.

13 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Those muffins look delicious! I enjoyed looking at the snaps of your sampler walls and your progress on the Village. Terrific!

Berit said...

Thanks for sharing your sampler walls! Your muffins also look delicious, and HRH is really coming along. Isn't it funny how the stitching progress seems fast to others but sooo slow to oneself?

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I loved seeing your sampler walls! So beautiful! I'm envious. :D Those muffins look good too. I love muffins. Your VoHRH looks great!

Jan said...

Great progress, Marsha...keep up the patience and it will be done soon. Love your sampler walls, each one I would love to own!!

And would love to have that recipe, yummmmm!!

Tanya said...

Ginger Kitty!!! One of my alltime favs. Lovely display :)

Beautiful granddaughters as always.
Tanya

Siobhán said...

YUM-o on those muffins, Marsha! I loved your pics. Your sampler walls are beautiful! They pale in comparison to your beautiful granddaugthers, though. :) Great progress on VoHRH, too--remember, every stitch counts!

Katrina said...

Loved seeing your Sampler wall! Pretty, pretty, pretty.

I just started VoHRH, I kept looking at yours and thinking I want to stitch that :-).

I vote for PL next although CaHRH would be a fun Christmas day start.

Paulette said...

Remember the Great Chicago Fire? And that awful fire that destroyed Phoenix? And London - remember that fire? I really hope that sort of disaster doesn't happen in Hawk Run Hollow, bc then all your work would have gone to waste. You shouldn't spend so much time on vain things. ROTFLOL!

Okay, fine. I admit it. It's gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Your Village is beautiful!! And I think you've got some great choices of what to start next. I loved seeing your sampler walls. I have that Peacocks & Pumpkins pattern, have had it forever, guess I should stitch it up!!

Sherry said...

The muffins look so good. Thank you for the tour! I just love to see what people have done and where and how they arrange it in their homes! You are almost done with village? Wow! I feel so far behind on my stitching!

joann in tx said...

i can finally post on your blog!

your muffins look de-licious!

i think you should start paradise lost next. i'm hoping to start it soon myself!

Kim said...

MM! I am so behind on my blog reading! You are BOOKING on Village! OMGosh I'm going to be so greeeeen when you're done with it!

Ooooh I agree the Peacocks & Pumpkins is a definite 'grab in case of fire'! I LOVED that when I saw it! I think I need to stitch that one for sure. Yours is lovely!

Jen Bailey said...

I loved seeing your sampler walls!! And, the list of your to-do pieces is so simliar to mine! I just finished Black Horse Inn - I ended up using the silks, the colors are so much prettier than the DMC conversion. It was a little slow going for me with all the solid areas and fill in and all those browns! I saved the colors for last and it was so fun stitching the end to see the clouds and blue grass come together! Enjoy it! I'm stitching a sampler with Elk right now and then I can't wait to move onto Paulette's Adam and Eve sampler!