Monday, July 20, 2009

Odds & Ends...

What a beautiful site Saturday evening right over our house..there were about 7 hot-air balloons that came over.




This is my French General pin cushion that I ordered from Kim. It's so heavy, and the backing fabric is just beautiful.

And remember these?? I have been working on a Yellow Brick Road and hope to have it on my bed this fall. These are the fabrics that arrived on my door step the day I was leaving for Florida a few months ago to see my ill father for the last time..it was a surprise gift from a very sweet friend, and boy what a surprise it was! I'll show you some progress if I ever get finished subcutting.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Well that's a sight we don't see around here! What fun with those balloons! I got that pincushion from Kim too! I love it! I'm sorry to hear about your father. Hugs to you. (Can't wait to see your quilt from that fabbie stash!)

Katrina said...

So sorry to hear about your father. What a blessing that you did get to go and see him.

Love all your bits and pieces and I can't wait to see your quilt.

Paulette said...

I can't wait to see this finished quilt. I'm going to croak! Btw, would a quilted hot air balloon be cool? LOL

LLLLLY!
Paulette

Deb said...

Love the hot air baloon pictures. We have a festival near hear every year. Never have been to it, but you can see them floating in the distance. It's a beautiful sight. And I ordered one of those pincushions from Kim too and I absolutely love it - it weighs a ton, but it's so nice!

And I'm so sorry to hear about your father!!

Siobhán said...

Those hot air balloons look like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the quilt you make with that fabric!

Kim said...

Doesn't it put such a peaceful feeling in the air...watching the balloons! There's a 'club' here in Sioux Falls, and we see them every now and again. I always love it!!!

So glad you love that pincushion! It's like a lovely French accessory more than a pincushion huh? :o)

Can't wait to see YBR!!!!