Astilbe.
Gebera Daisy...and yes, I was photographing in the rain. I love taking pics of flowers more than anything else.
Some ground sedum.
Asiatic Lilies. I admit I couldn't stand lilies a few years ago..now I love browsing the garden centers in hopes of finding new varieties. I have quite a few, but these opened up in one day after the rain earlier in the week.
Clematus..I think it was Siobhan that loved the arbor..this stuff is crawling all across the top of it, and while I don't want to rush time, I can't wait to see it next year.
I love, love, love the little Violas, and my DH loves pansies..so I mixed them up this time--and actually have 2 more pots of pansies besides these, in a little iron bench that holds 2 pots.
And this is the pot of Gerbera. Paulette grew some last year, and I was amazed at how long they lasted, even as cut flowers. I have never grown these before, and I have to say, I would love to have a field of them! They are so beautiful in person that they look fake.
And here is Rubie Owl's Sampler. I absolutely loved working on this piece..yes, Sherry, even on all those leaves..even after my sweet daughter told me there were 50 something when I thought I was almost done after 18! I can't wait to get it framed and hanging in my office--and no, Audrey, you cannot have it. LOL! Now that I am finished with this piece, I would like to finish up block #7 on Village of Hawk Run Hollow..I haven't worked on it since last fall. Also, yesterday I received the chart for the piece I will be doing for Paulette for Christmas. Thanks for stopping by my blog...
Friday, June 19, 2009
Rubie Owl's Sampler--finally--and More Gardening
Gosh, I haven't intentionally been away from here. My lap top is still shutting down, and we're about to take it back in for the third time. At this piont I'd like to throw it over the back fence and till it into the ground. I have no patience for computer problems. So, I put on a movie so that my husband would vacate this chair (and his computer) and then jumped in it myself. lol! I'm sure he saw right through that one. Anyhow, I have been taking pics almost every other day. We've had an abundance of rain the past few weeks, so everything is growing faster than normal. I thought I would share a few of my garden pictures, and for those who are bored with growing things, I finished Rubie Owl's Sampler last night, and you can skip all the dirt and just go to the bottom of this post. Anyhow, this first picture is Barberry..it was very little when we planted, and I didn't KNOW they grow this big, but it's over my head this year. It's absolutely beautiful all year long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
All of your flowers look so gorgeous! I forgot all about the daisies, and they were my favorite thing I planted last year.. I wonder if they nurseries have any left? I suppose I could do seed too...
Congratulations on Miss Rubie! Maybe I'll do a companion with 51 flowers instead of leaves? LOL
Paulette
Sorry about your computer problems. I love your flower pictures -- wish I were more of a gardener so I could have such flowers. Congrats on Rubie and the 50 leaves! lol! It looks wonderful. As for the chart for Paulette's xmas present -- my goodness you plan way in advance, don't you? I'm impressed! I wonder what it is......
Your flowers are oh, so gorgeous, Marsha! I just love your clematis. My neighbors have their yard beautifully landscaped with mostly green perennials, but they have a wooden lattice going up the side of their house covered with purple clematis. It is just beautiful.
Your Rubie is wonderful!! WOOHOO! Congratulations on the finish!
MM your garden pics are beautiful!!! Just gorgeous! You are blessed with a green thumb!!! And HOORAY on the Rubies Owl finish!!!! Have missed you! Hope your laptop straightens up so you can post more often! :o)
Hello, I just found your blog. Lovely blog! Your garden pictures are lovely, and so is your stitching.
What wonderfully beautiful flowers! I am impressed with that green thumb of yours. Love the clematis and those gerber daisies! I need to find some of those for my backyard!
Congrats on Rubie, she is so pretty!
Your flowers are gorgeous, and your Rubie Owl fantastic. I would be pulling my hair out with all those leaves, but it is a really great piece!
Love the flower pictures especially the close up of the Gerber daisy in the rain. That would make a great background for a computer :-).
Pretty finish too, congrats!
Post a Comment