Friday, May 8, 2009

Unquilting

And how has your week been? I am so annoyed. I could hardly wait to start quilting. I get everything set up--DVD on, lights, water bottle, quilt under the needle-- and am in hog heaven for a while. I quilted at least 1/4 of the Lincoln Bistro. For some reason I turned it over to look at the back, and to my HORROR, it was all messed up, like the tension was real loose, and there were knots and tangles here and there. My face fell, and I sat there in shock for a moment, trying not to panic. I turned the machine off, checked the bobbon, took the plate off and removed the fuzz, etc. When I went to try it on a scrap, it did the same thing. I pulled out my manual, and it said most problems can be solved by making sure the machine is threaded properly. Pffft..ME? Not thread a machine properly? I mean, that's like...can you improperly thread your cross-stitch needle? Groan..I didn't really think I had threaded it wrong, in spite of wondering when I was doing it if I caught the thread in the back hook right. I'm so mad at myself..it was indeed not threaded properly. So........I have been unquilting. I'm almost finished. Maybe half an hour more. Am I the only person who has ever had to rip out quilting? I think Michelle recently took some out..but golly, this much!?

When I got frustrated and closed the door, I went to work on Rubie Owl..I was ready for the men in white coats when I realized I messed up a leaf and have to take out three of them. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. I should go out and dig in the dirt, but be my luck I'd hit oil and mess up my my new garden gloves! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. TGIF!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe mom!! That is so sad!!!! Cant thread a needle right? Maybe you need to get your eyes checked and get new glasses like me!!!! LLLY! Dont me messing up on my Rubies Owl EITHER!!!!!!

Margaret said...

Oh you poor thing!! How dreadful -- ripping out quilting plus frogging too. Argh! I've never machine quilted so I've never had to unquilt before -- it sounds painful though. :(

Paulette said...

Oh my, my, my. Hmph. I told you that Bernina was too much machine for you. Heck, so are John James 28's, but I'm not judging or anything...

LLLLLLLY!!!!

Paulette

Kim said...

Ooooh no!!! I hate frog sewing (Rip-it..Rip-it)...HATE it! And no you are not the only one to unquilt OR to misthread the machine! I hate when that happens. :o(

Siobhán said...

UGH!! Sounds like one of those days where everything is cursed. Grab a book and read and pray for daylight. ;)

Sherry said...

Bless your stitching heart!! I have had to rip out quilting and I hand quilt!!!!

You have a Bernina? That's a great machine and alot of machine! I just always thought I would get antsy with all those extras but I always secretly wanted to try!

Katrina said...

Oh wow, what a bummer! Hate that for you and unpicking quilting doesn't sound like fun.

Michelle said...

Oh yes, you remember correctly. I took out A LOT of quilting and every minute of it was a pain. I see you've finished the quilt and it looks beautiful!