Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Alphabets

I decided since everyone is leaving me in the dust with stitching that I should get back to it. I've been so busy quilting lately that I have to admit, it was very hard to pick up my stitching again. Paulette is off skiing in Colorado, so I've been going over to let Sgt. Friday out several times a day. While he's outside, I wander around the first floor staring at her needlework. It never ceases to amaze me how much she is able to accomplish, given how busy she is..every time I come from over there I want to stitch my colon into knots! It's honestly like broswing at some huge cross-stitch shop. Gee..my peediddly Alphabets seems so elementary at this point. :-) But I do snicker when I see her quilting fabric piled up and her sewing machine out just waiting to be used. Maybe it doesn't look like I've done anything on this from the last time I posted a picture, but here it is at this point anyway.


8 comments:

Margaret said...

See Marsha, that's the secret! You accomplish amazing feats with your quilt fabric and your sewing machine while Paulette does the same with her stitching fabrics and fibers. Very simple! lol! Now wouldn't it be nice if we could quilt and stitch at the same time? I so wish I could do that!!! I have a few quilts I'd love to work on, but I'm much too busy stitching! BTW, I love your red alphabet -- it's so pretty!!!!

Kim said...

MM I'm lovin' that red alphabet sampler! How lovely it's gonna look with your red toile quilt! :o))

Christine said...

beautiful sampler !

Siobhán said...

Yeah, what Margaret said!! ;) I LOVE that alphabet--it will go so nicely with that new red toile!

Sherry said...

I always love looking at your quilts and think I need to get back to working on some! Your red alphabet is lovely! You are doing a wonderful job!

Laurie in Iowa said...

I love your red alphabet sampler and the red toile fabric is 'to die for'. I can't wait to see what you create with your red fabrics.

It's so hard when you have a passion for both stitching and quilting. I'm finding it hard to balance out my two obsessions too!

Anne said...

Looking good! You should come over next weekend and we'll stitch together. :-)

Paulette said...

Wow!! You've gotten so much done!!! You need a red room!!

Paulette