Sunday, February 22, 2009
Fig & Plum
I've taken to dreaming about spring, as I'm sure most of you have. I honestly do not mind winter, though I'm sure that would not be the case if I had to work away from home. But people think because I work from home that I must have more time than they do. Well, ok, sometimes that is the case. :-) But if I had a lot more time, I would not still be dawdling on my spring table square, I would be finished with Alphabets, and my supply of freezer chili, sauces, and soups would not be dwindling. I'm not one for sitting around without using the time. It flashed into my mind this morning, one of the things I remember my dad saying was "get busy!" and/or "get quiet!" And here I thought I was the productive, quiet teenager. Oh well. I was either lazy or he was very busy, but I'm sure he sat in his recliner watching television, which is another thing I rarely do..again, don't waste that time. Can I relax? Sure! In front of the sewing machine, digging in the dirt, planting, mowing, you get my drift. Don't ask me where all that came from..Here is where I am at on my table square.
And I saved the extra triangles from the Fig & Plum charms, not really knowing what to do with them, but I was tired of being a wannabe quilter and decided to be a real one and save those scraps! I WAS going to put together a table runner for "someone," (I won't mention the name), but I decided I really needed to replace my winter pillow that sits in one of my dining chairs. Here is what I came up with..and I might add (please don't look too close) it's my first official "quilting" on my dream machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. They are both beautiful!!! Fabulous work, Marsha! The colors in this line of fabric are just sooo pretty.
So pretty, Marsha! I love the colors! Did you like using your fancy sewing machine for quilting? I'm hoping to get a simpler Bernina sometime, but i don't know when it'll happen for me. :(
MM that pillow looks FABULOUS!!!! And love your table square!!! You rock!!!!
When you started this one I wasn't a big fan of your fabric choice, but after seeing it put together I absolutely love it. It really is beautiful.
What a beautiful pillow....I am goingt o try to learn to quilt this spring.I have enough fabric saved to start something small like a runner or pillow,
So are you going to make a runner for she whom shall not be named?
:0)
Natasha
It's beautiful and I see Paulette already laid claim to it...hehehe.
Gorgeous! I love them both Marsha.
What an amazing job you've done there! I understand Paulette... Lol!
Beautiful!! You have given the antsy itches to get my quilting back out and work on a some small table runners or toppers!
its okay mom, you could have used my name in this post. It would not have offended anyone! UGLY QUILTING! WHO TAUGHT YOU?! HA HA HA !!! Just kidding!!!! YOUR THE BESTTTTTEST MUMMY IN THE WORLD!!!! LLLLLLLLLLLLY!!!
Love both of them and the colors are wonderful.
Post a Comment