Friday, January 9, 2009

For Paulette

Every year Paulette and I exchange a piece of needlework for Christmas. It's always so much fun and something I look forward to very much. This is the piece that I did for her this year. We just exchanged them this week, though, since we were too busy during the holidays to get them framed. I think she'll post a picture of the piece she did for me on her site (http://www.plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/). It's absolutely beautiful. I always love seeing what she picks out for me. And lest I leave my other beautiful daughter out, she's just learning to appreciate hand-made things, so one day she'll have to make her mother and sister something! :-)

10 comments:

Kim said...

Stunning MM!!!! I almost blew it...I didn't know you guys hadn't exchanged yet and I asked Paulette if she loved it! *Whew! Luckily she stopped me! ha!

Littlebit said...

Cracking up, Kim! I told her I put you up to saying that. LOLLLLL! I'm sure she believed me. ;) She absolutely LOVED it. MM

Anne said...

I'm so jealous! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see what Paulette did for you.

Siobhán said...

Marsha, that is gorgeous!! As always. I wish my mother stitched--I'd love to be able to exchange with her like this! Beautiful job.

Sherre said...

Marsha, I love the tradition you have to exchange stitched pieces with Paulette. Love the piece you stitched for her--very pretty floss colors.

Margaret said...

Just wonderful, Marsha! I'm with Siobhan on this one. I'm always envious of you and Paulette being able to share your stitching and quilting. I love what you chose this year!

Anonymous said...

hmmph..i xs you the birds....

Littlebit said...

You're all so sweet-most of you are from CHS Forum, and I appreciate it when you stop by over here..as for my Audrey..yes, you did stitch me the birds, and I absolutely love them! And had I had a blog back then, you know I would have included them. Now get that machine out! LoL! ILLLLLY

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's beautiful Marsha. I saw the snap of your gift from Paulette. I love that one too... what a wonderfully talented family.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! After seeing this I went and printed off the chart. It's in my to stitch pile!