
There's just something about living in the heartland..it's a very windy day...the kind that makes you want to turn on the electric blankey and cuddle up and read for about a week. There's also something about the October chill that makes me want to fire up the oven and pretend I can cook good. I always make my first pot of chili about this time of year, and I did so this morning. I also made an apple pie (new recipe, which I'm sure did not turn out as good as it should have). I'm not experienced in making home-made pie crust. I tried a "buttermilk crust." I'm sure an experienced pie maker could have made it in a matter of minutes, but I wasn't sure what I was doing..somehow, it turned out better than the pie.
3 comments:
ugh, wish I was there for that pie!!!! I love you moooooother!!!
What do you MEAN you can't cook? Are you crazy?? Oh my gosh - where did I get the recipes for spaghetti sauce, pot roast, French breakfast puffs, pepper steak, and strawberry muffins?? You are an EXCELLENT cook!
LLLLLY!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I FORGOT about FRENCH BREAKFAST PUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAVE HAVE HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!!!EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment